1 Empty Cereal Box
Tape (or glue)
Let’s get started!
How to Reuse a Cereal Box to Make a Mini Playhouse:
1. Undo the flaps on both the top and the bottom of the cereal box. Flatten the box. Cut along one of the long seams of the box to open it up. Open up the cereal box and cut along the center seam. You will end up with two pieces, each having a large rectangle and one side flap. Cut away the top and bottom flaps (see step two image for example of this).
2. Flip over the cereal box, make sure the thinner rectangle flap is on the bottom and draw a simple scene on the top portion of the box.
3. Cut out your new playhouse scene.
4. Cut a small rectangle from one of your scraped flaps. (About 1-by-3 inches) Take one of the short ends and fold it at about 1/4 inch.
5. Tape the folded part of the rectangle to the smaller rectangle still attached to your cereal box. Make sure it is underneath something you want to hold up and put it at the center.
6. Place the front part of your soon-to-be mini playhouse on the table. Fold the bottom flap so that the small flaps you taped touch your playhouse. Tape the top of the small flap to the back of the playhouse.
7. Stand your new mini playhouse up and start having some fun!