My favorite holiday is just around the corner! Thanksgiving is always so cozy, comfy, and full of deliciousness. I can’t wait! Having just moved to a new state, I found myself with a great deal of empty cardboard boxes begging to be reused. Combine the two and you get a Cardboard Turkey Decoration!
How to Reuse a Cardboard Box to Make a Turkey Decoration:
1. Cut 5 flaps from a cardboard box.
2. Draw crown shapes (a small, medium, and large) on three of the flaps.
3. Cut out the crown shapes.
4. Decorate the crown shapes. You can paint them, add paper, or fabric, whatever you want! I decided to have fun with a few fun fall colors.
5. While the turkey feathers dry, draw and cut out a turkey head.
6. Draw and decorate the turkey face. I decided to keep it simple, but feel free to jazz it up however you would like to.
7. Use your last flap of cardboard to cut a strip of cardboard that is a little shorter than your smallest crown and about 75% as long.
8. Mark the rectangle to make 4 equal sections. Cut the lines about half way up the rectangle and fold them in opposite directions.
9. Cut a slit in the center of the turkey head and each of the feathers.
10. Assemble your turkey and show it off!
11. Cut yourself a piece of pie, add some whipped cream, have a seat, relax, and enjoy.