This recipe will yield 4 jars (16 oz each) of Fridge Pickles! WOOT!
4 pint sized canning jars with lids
1 red onion
8 whole cloves garlic
4 teaspoons dried dill
2 cups apple cider vinegar
2 cups water
4 teaspoons sea salt
1. Cut the ends off each cucumber.
2. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise. Cut each half in half. Then cut each new piece in half again. You will end up with 8 spears.
3. Measure your water, vinegar, and salt. Combine in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
4. Add 2 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of dill, and some red onion to each jar.
5. Stuff each jar full of cucumber spears.
6. For a little extra fun, cut some slices and add them to the mix.
7. Pour the boiling water, vinegar, salt mixture into each jar. Leave 1/4 inch at the top of each jar.
8. Put a lid on it.
9. There are several suggestions as to the time you have to wait before you get to enjoy your tasty new treat. The longer you wait, the more tart fridge pickles will become. I am an impatient lady and waited a whole day. They were tangy, a little tart, and super delicious.
10. Fridge pickles last about 2 months in the fridge.