Rice cereal is just the beginning for babies! They are in for a world of flavor.
Here’s how to make your own baby food at home. This particular recipe is for carrots and yields 24 servings, but you can follow the same steps for most vegetables. Have fun!
What you’ll need:
1 small bag of carrots or 3 bunches of organic carrots
A veggie steamer system (steam basket and sauce pan or a rice cooker)
A blender, hand held blending tool, or food processor
2 ice cube trays
1. Peel all the carrots.
2. Cut the carrots into bite sized pieces.
3. Wash the carrots thoroughly.
4. Steam carrots for 20 minutes. You’ll know they are tender enough when poking them with a fork almost makes them fall apart.
5. Place your steamed carrots into your blending machine of choice. Blend for 5 or so minutes until you get as smooth a consistency as possible.
6. Scoop 1 Tablespoon of your homemade baby food into each ice cube section of the tray.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
8. Each morning grab the number of servings you’ll need and place them in serving dishes, then in the fridge.
9. When you are ready to serve either use a baby food warmer or float the bowl in a hot bowl of water to get the food to at least room temperature.