There are so many different ways to create a boutonniere. Just like each wedding is a little different than the next, so is the boutonniere. You can go from a very simple, classic red rose all the way to a playful super hero figurine. They can be elegant, they can be funky. They can be whatever you want them to be. Today, I am going to show you how to make a simple, super funky upcycled boutonniere from a playing card! Perfect for that Vegas wedding or just a great way to add a bit of uniqueness to the normal wedding decor.
How to REuse a Playing Card to make a Wedding Boutonniere.
1. Find a King card. Cut a circle around the king’s head. Take another card and cut a long petal shape from it.
2. Turn the petal card so the back side is showing and glue the king to it. You can glue it anywhere you like!
3. Cut two different sized circles from a piece of fabric (one larger than the other). For this example, the larger circle is about 1.5 inches in diameter.
4. Find a button you like to place in the center of the two circles.
5. Glue everything together in your own way or how it is shown here.
6. Flip your new boutonniere over and tape a pin to it. It is ready to be worn!
Other great resources for inspiration when brainstorming your creative REuse and upcycled boutonniere:
What would you upcycled into a wedding boutonniere?