I had a friend in grade school that when asked what she wanted for Christmas would always reply, “pickles!” Her parents would buy her a large gallon jug of the pickles you get at the state fair. She was a happy girl for a few weeks during January. I can relate as I, too, love a pickle every now and then. So much so that I buy the big jug at Costco whenever I get the chance. The glass jar that holds the pickles is so high quality that I didn’t want to just recycle it. I knew there was a way to find another life for it and so I turned it into an Iced Tea Pitcher!
Here is How I Reused a Pickle Jar as an Iced Tea Pitcher:
1. Eat all of the pickles in the jar.
2. Fill the empty jar with hot water and soap and let it soak for a while.
3. Rinse out the soap with warm water.
4. Taste test time! Fill your pickle jar with a little water and pour yourself a drink. Make sure there isn’t any lingering pickle flavor.
5. Use soap and hot water to get the sticker off of the jar.
6. Add 4 tea bags of your choice to the bottom of your new Iced Tea Pitcher.
7. Boil a bunch of water.
8. Pour the water into your new Pitcher and let the tea bags do their magic.
9. Let your tea cool and pour over a glass of ice. Take a seat outside and relax!