I have recently been on an organization spree. Honestly, it is a life long battle of mine as I am a obsessive collector of strange items that I may someday use in my art. In an effort to hide how much stuff I have actually accumulated, I decided to organize it and place it in longer lasting storage boxes. So, as I have been transferring from cardboard to plastic, I have become a proud owner of a large stack of cardboard. Instead of just recycling it, because that’s boring! I thought I might reuse it.
Here are my Top Ten Favorite Reuses for Cardboard (for today anyway):
- Turn a favorite photograph into a favorite new puzzle. Thanks ehow.com!
- If you have a leaky car, put the cardboard underneath it while you try to figure out the problem. This will keep you from having to clean up a huge oil mess after your car gets fixed.
- Create a space to hang your drying art.
- There’s a great how-to from Disney on how to turn cardboard into a table and chairs. Check it out!
- Create a space to hang all of your jewelry.
image courtesy of http://hubpages.com
- And, if you are a jewelry artist, make your own necklace displays! There is a great tutortial HERE.
- Inhabit shows us that old cardboard can be refreshed and upcycled into a new lampshade.
And, don’t forget, you can always make ART!
- Artist Chris Gilmour makes AMAZING sculptures from cardboard.
photo courtesy of www.chrisgilmoure.com
- Paul Ahern uses cardboard like a canvas and turns his and other’s snapshots into new pieces of art. Check him out at http://www.cardboardistry.com/