Here is the recipe I used last week to make myself 3 servings (12 inch pizzas) of pizza dough. I am so excited to tell you that I made a pizza from a thawed out pizza dough and it works really well! I moved the dough from the freezer to the fridge the night before I wanted to use it. I took it out of the fridge and let it get to room temperature before I proceeded to mold it into my pizza shape. So, make yourself a couple of batches and freeze them for later use!
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe:
3 packages of 5/16 oz pouches of active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups of warm water
3 cups of flour
1 TB of oil (most recipes call for olive oil. I used canola oil and it turned out fine)
1/8 ts of salt
1. Dissolve the dry yeast in the warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes until it starts to foam.
2. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Create a hill from the flour inside the bowl. Press down at the top of the flour to create a “volcano” shape.
3. When the yeast is ready, give it one last stir and pour it into the bowl starting in the center of your volcano.
4. Add the oil and salt.
5. Use a rubber spatula to mix all of the ingredients together. When it gets to a consistency where you can use your hands start mixing the dough with your hands.
6. Remove dough ball from the bowl and place it on a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough until it is well combined. Add more flour (if needed) until just after the dough is not sticky.
7. Grab a large bowl and oil the sides and bottom of the bowl. Place your dough ball in the bowl, drizzle with a bit more oil, and cover with a kitchen towel and let rise for 2 hours (until it doubles in size).
*I have a fairly cold kitchen so I keep my dough in my oven (without turning the oven on.)
8. After 2 hours, remove the dough from the bowl onto a lightly floured surface and punch it to remove all of the air. Separate into 3 equal pieces.
Wrap each dough serving in plastic wrap. Place all three pieces into a freezer bag.
Three “yums” for a tasty pizza dough recipe! YUM! YUM! YUM! Pizza!