Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a nice and relaxing holiday season. I just got back from an amazing vacation in Alaska. Although it was freezing (negative 40 F most of the time) it was great to spend time with my in-laws, eat to my hearts content, catch up on some sleeping and reading and have a snowy Christmas. I am back home now and ready to see what 2011 has to offer. This week, here is my offer to you. Make yourself or a loved one a Happy New Year Necklace (: Or, just make them a necklace from an old cd.
I will be experimenting with CDs this month to see what creative reuse ideas I can come up with. First, here is How to Reuse a CD to Make a Necklace Pendant.
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place a CD on a baking sheet.
3. Bake approximately 5 minutes until bubbles start to form.
4. Take the CD out of the oven and let cool a few minutes. Cut to your desired shape.
5. Use an exacto knife to push a hole through the top of your pendant.
6. Sand down the edges of your new cd pendant.
7. String a ribbon through the hole and you have yourself a brand new creative reuse necklace.
Now, this is just the fundamentals for making a CD necklace. You can embellish as much as you would like to. In fact, if you have a CD necklace you would like to share with me, send it my way (info (at!) howtoreuseitcreatively.com).