Okay, so I always thought that the dryer was the culprit when it came to stealing my socks. But, I only have a washer and I still lose socks. What is the deal with that? I am not in the mood to wear mismatched socks so I decided to look for fun and creative ways to reuse those lonely unmatched socks in my drawers.
Here are my 10 Favorite Ways to Reuse a Sock:
- eHow.com has some great ideas for reuse including tying a bunch of old socks together to make a super cheap doggy toy.
- Use socks to wrap fragile items you are storing.
- Make yourself a Sock Monkey!
- Make a blanket.
- Cover your hand and dust your house! Socks make a great rag for dusting; you can get to those hard to reach corners too.
- Frugal.families.com has some great suggestions including using them as mitten liners to make mittens even cozier and warmer.
- Use them to hold your panties, bras, and other fragile lingerie when you throw them in the washing machine.
- Storage for your glasses. Socks make great impromptu cases for shop glasses, sun glasses, and regular glasses.
- Protect your floors. Place socks over your table/dresser/book shelf legs when you move the furniture across a wood floor.
- MAKE ART!
photo courtesty of http://www.walyou.com
Recently, NPR wrote about an Exhibition where SOCKS where the subject matter.
What do you do with your lonely socks?