I am always on the hunt for new websites, blogs, communities, projects, etc. that have to do with the upcycling phenomenom. This week our lovely Internet taught me how to reuse a stamp, help Haiti, and garden like a guerrilla!
Tutorials/Creative Reuse Ideas
- I love this little quick tutorial from CraftingAGreenerWorld.com – Painting with Natural Materials. Nice texture, less waste!
- A simple straw wrapper rose can really change a person’s day for the better!
- ZakkaLife shows us how a doodle a day (in your upcycled notebook) keeps those creative juices flowin’.
- Apparently you can make a boombox out of anything! Blankanvas shows us one from recycled candy wrappers. Cute AND it works!
For the Greater Good
- Ruby Sprengle is reusing plastic bags to help the homeless in Haiti.
- I can never seem to get enough of Guerrilla Gardening. Found out from Webecoist.com that there is a vending machine that spits out seeds now that has been added to the cause.
- WOW! A rug made out of cigarettes? Sounds gross, but looks amazing. Nicely done Jesús “Bubu” Negrón.
- FarmGal seems to be the place to be for any tips and guides for canning fruits and vegetables.
I know there is so much more out there that was left undiscovered, but there is only so much time a girl can spend on the web.
Add any finds from this week that I missed and you think I would like.