I am one of the most forgetful people I know. I have come up with a pretty good system that helps me not lose my keys, wallet, and cell phone on a regular basis. I usually just stack the stuff right in front of the door so that I can grab it as I run out the door. But, now I can put it neatly and cozy-like in a super cute Door Hanger! It’s easy to make one of your own. Just grab those pockets from an old pair of jeans and get sewing!
Here’s How to Reuse Materials to Make a Don’t Forget Door Hanger:
1. Find a sturdy material to act as your backing. I used denim from the leg portion of an old pair of jeans.
2. Next, choose some fabric to wrap that sturdy material in.
3. Fold and iron all four edges of your fabric (about 1/2 inch or so). Wrap your sturdy fabric with your wrapping fabric and sew it closed.
4. Attach your two pockets to your fabric.
5. Pick out a handle. I thought this super cute pink tie went well, so I used it! Sew the handle to your backing.
6. Hang it on a door and fill it with important stuff! Never forget anything again (well, at least your keys, wallet and cell phone).