I was surprised at how many ideas I came up with when I sat down to jot notes on ways to reuse an old shower curtain. I cannot take credit for all of these ideas and want to extend a thank you to Reader’s Digest, wikihow.com, and PlanetGreen.com for providing some wonderful tips and ideas on How to Reuse a Shower Curtain.
1. Keep a shower curtain in your car and use it anytime you want to sit on the ground for a picnic, concert, star gazing, etc.
2. Make a pancho! Fold the shower curtain in half and cut a semi circle out in the center. Keep it in your camping gear or your car for unexpected rains.
3. Protect your goods. Put the shower curtain under a high chair when the baby’s eating, use it as a drop cloth when you paint the walls, put it on the kitchen table for arts and crafts day.
4. Homemade Slip n’ Slide. Give the kids a fun summer afternoon with the shower curtain and water hose.
5. Go Fly a Kite. Cut a diamond shape from your shower curtain. Glue to sticks in a cross shape to one side of the diamond. Tie a string to the bottom of the diamond.
6. Use it on your next camping trip. You can use an old shower curtain as a tarp to create shade during a sunny day or under your tent to protect it.
7. Protect your cabinets. Line your cabinets with your shower curtain; when they need a cleaning, wipe it down with a sponge.
8. Garden goodness. Use the shower curtain as a liner in your garden. Put it over the dirt and under the mulch to prevent weeds from sprouting.
9. Make a rain coat for your outdoor furniture. Cover your BBQ and patio furniture with a shower curtain during the rainy months to keep them nice and dry.
10. Take it on a picnic. You can turn a shower curtain into an easy to clean and reuseable outdoor picnic table cloth.