I hate when I go to play poker and realize that a card is missing from the deck. It’s like when you are about the finish a puzzle and you finally notice that there are some pieces missing. Man that really gets me going. (: Well, rather than tossing the whole deck of cards out as a loss, add to your super funky and fresh jewelry collection!
How to make earrings out of playing cards:
1. Pick a pair of cards you like.
2. Poke eleven holes across the top of each card with a sewing needle.
3. Thread some heavy duty thread (starting through the back and at one end) over the top of the card. Only go through the first 5 holes. Do the same starting on the opposite side.
4. Loop each piece of thread through your earring holder and back through the center hole.
5. Tie a knot with both of your strings. Make a triple knot so it doesn’t go back through the hole.
6. Repeat this process with the other card!
Have fun wearing crazy fun earrings!
Check out my collection of awesome upclyced stuff at my online shop HERE.