Well, since this is a new website for me I thought it only be fitting to have the first post be the above titled.
After a bit of research I have come up with what I feel will make this blog successful. The following tips came from the following blogs/webisites:
1. Have a clear topic. Map out your categories and post topics for each category before hand. It’s like making a sketch before you start a painting.
2. Post regularly. The fascination with blogs seems to be the freshness that they offer. I think one should post at least every other day (during the week). So, 3 times in 5 days.
3. Start the Word-of-Mouth Chain. So, after you have a bit of content, send the link to some friends. Tell them to comment on your posts. The more activity, the better. Also, post on all the social networking sites you are a part of (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
4. Personalize it. This comes from experience for me. Of all the blogs I check out on a regular basis I tend to like the ones that are written conversationally, provide opinions and personal experiences. They seem more honest and trustworthy.
5. Be patient. The subscribers aren’t going to come in right away. It’s like compound interest on an IRA. The more people that know about your site, the more mouths there are talking about your blog posts.
6. Think outside the Blog. I like this one. It encourages creativity. Find new ways to entice your public to comment or find you new subscribers. A contest seems to be the most talked about way to get folks to interact with your site.
I think that’s a good start.
Do you have any advise for me? I would love to read your thoughtful comments.